Friday, July 25, 2008

Grass Just Looks Greener

Cheating Begins With a Thought... like a sorta deceleration.. an admonition that "if I could... mmm yeah, I would.. maybe."
I'm pretty hard to date. In a culture where everyone wants the freedom to do whatever they want but still feel like they need to be in a relationship, the lines between fidelity and infidelity have become so blurry. For me, cheating begins at the conception of the thought. Y'all know what I'm talking about.. those lustful, glazed over stares; all the laughing hysterically at things that aren't remotely funny.. I've said for some years that people are perpetually in this state of shopping.. similar to job searchers. No matter how much they like their job or how much it meets their needs, they continue to shop their resume around and even go on "interviews" on their lunch breaks! All day at work Careerbuilder.com, and Indeed.com are minimized in their system tray, as they are constantly on the lookout for not necessarily something better, just something different.

When you make decelerations like, "if I were single I would.." you're essentially saying if I could make this happen, I'm in. If I could get away with this, I'm in.

At what point does the "for better or for worse" clause kick in? ...I guess once we're old and our "stuff" no longer works on demand, we'll settle it down.. I just hope that if you get caught, the new job is a lateral move and not a demotion.

No comments: