Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ode To The Basketball Short

I've live in Atlanta since 2002 but somehow I've not be able to adjust to the climate. I stop just short of saying I hate the weather. I have the heat, I hate the sunlight, I hate the bugs, etc, etc, etc. It seems like lately it's been 110° in the city. Most people can appreciate that, but I have pushed my thermostat as far over as it can go. This is that kind of heat where you never feel clean and you just itch. Yuck. I recently started drinking water and if I didn't love my dog, would not go outside until the sun went down.

This weather makes clothing a burden. There've been days where I seriously considered going to the Wendy's drive through in only a wife beater and socks, lol. That's when I discovered one of God's greatest creations: the basketball short. Who would have thought that shorts designed as athletic wear could replace pants in my life. I mean they're soo great. They're comfortably, easily washed, allow mini me to breath, and there is no requirement to match! I ran track and for those of you who have, you know that those shorts are not designed to wear ANYWHERE else. In two months I've probably bought 10 pairs. Perhaps I'll take up basketball, lol. BB shorts have defiantly made a friend in me. I would caution my readers.. whether these are a new discovery for you or if you're a long time wearer and have just been holding out.... I cannot stress this enough... please, please always wear appropriate undergarments! I get so tired of seeing young men while I'm out jogging and their stuff is just flopping all about like a metronome. God, be considerate. Your comfort should not cause people to run stop lights and push their grocery carts into walls for staring at you.

No comments: